No, you are not insane for wanting to start a business while pregnant. It does not matter if you are heavily pregnant or due next month. There is always a way. Here are 10 ways you can start a new business while expecting.
- Do Your Research
You may be thinking that people are in need of the product or service you will be offering. However, you cannot know for sure until you conduct a market research.
- Write a Business Plan to Suit Your Schedule
Apart from writing a business plan that will suit your future “busy mom” schedule, it should also be a custom plan that will suit the model of your business. Hiring business plan writers can make things easier for you.
- Do Not Waste Time Waiting
Think of what you can manage to do at present based on the stage of your pregnancy because you will have less time as a nursing mother.
- Do Not Rush Things
As much as you would not want to engage in some activities before delivery, you need to take things easy with work. Slow and steady wins the race.
- Consider Crowdfunding
It is difficult for women to get funding from investors or traditional lenders such as banks than men. Instead, you can try crowdfunding as a source of raising capital. Applications are made with ease since it all happens online. Two examples of such sites are GoFundMe and Kickstarter.
- Think of “Baby” Ideas
As an expecting mother, you can think about business ideas related to products and services for babies, nursing moms, and expectant moms. Your experience can inspire you to nurse an idea for a venture.
- Plan for Your Baby’s Care
If you are starting a new business, the care of your baby while you are busy with work should be put into consideration. Think about nannies, daycare centers, and so on.
- What to Do As an Aspiring Solopreneur
Being a solopreneur means that you are handling the tasks on your own. Still, you should consider can hiring people to perform some tasks for the meantime—especially when you start nursing your child. They do not have to work with you in your office space. They can be working from any location in the world.
- Consider a Partnership
This may be the best decision you can make as an expecting mother trying to start a business. A partner will share the workload with you, and may handle most of it if he or she is not as “occupied” as you are. A female partner who has experience handling a business as an expecting or nursing mother should be preferred.
- Surround Yourself with Supportive People
Apart from outsourcing some duties, you can also seek the help of your significant other, family members, and friends in handling some tasks.
Your pregnancy does not have to disrupt your life and the dreams you are trying to realize. Rather, you should be motivated to disrupt the industry you are targeting. You can be a super mom!
Have a safe delivery.
I think that it is time that we give our mothers the appreciation and the admiration that they deserve. I also wish to emphasize the importance and also the pivotal role that mothers play in our lives. They actually pose as the rock of the house that you would want to hold onto when you are in the middle of the ocean. She is the one that offers you all kinds of wisdom and also tells you what to do when you are making choices in your life. There is actually no perfect way to show that you are a good mother. One of the best ways to be a part of your kids’ lives and if you want them to confide in you, you will have to be their friend first. You have to listen to all the little stuff now because if you don’t, there is a possibility that they may not tell you the big stuff later on.
In this guide, I will actually be listing out some instances where mothers proved to be a superhero to their children.
- “My mother worked two jobs while raising two sons who needed shoes for football and tuxedos to prom and also she provided us with everything that we needed when we were children. She was a single mom and even to this day, if you ask her, she will tell you that she never regrets any of it. She was very happy raising us on her own, and she says that she is very proud of herself and us as well. I will now do everything in my ability to make sure she leads a comfortable life.”
- “The incredible woman beat cancer when she was in her thirties itself. She used to work extra hours even then because sometimes she would not be able to pay rent. Pregnancy was actually not too easy for her; my father says that she never even once complained about it. She was graceful through the whole thing. She has now gotten over her health issues, and she is now a picture of health and strength. All of us in the family actually look up to her.
- My mother was actually really committed to the family, and she made sure that she quit a job that she loved for 18 years so that she could be there when we got home; she actually put her passion on hold for so long. Now all of us are nudging her to pursue her passion.
- I am inspired by my mother because she takes care for 5 people every day and she has never wavered.